We studied impact of ecological realism upon relation between species richness and community variables in three experimental setting increasingly exposed to external forces. The results showed species stability in natural, while moderate deviation in laboratory and minimum in temporary resources. The result also showed that species diversity is less due to both natural and environmental forcing.
Cite this article:
Chandra Bhushan Tiwari. Ecological realism and Diversity stability of Zooplanktons in different Climatic Conditions. Research J. Science and Tech. 2020; 12(4):295-298. doi: 10.5958/2349-2988.2020.00041.8
Chandra Bhushan Tiwari. Ecological realism and Diversity stability of Zooplanktons in different Climatic Conditions. Research J. Science and Tech. 2020; 12(4):295-298. doi: 10.5958/2349-2988.2020.00041.8 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-12-4-11
1. Cardinale BJ et al (2007): Impacts of plant diversity on biomass production increase through time because of species complementarity. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. 104: 18123-18128.
2. Cottingham KL et al (2001): Biodiversity may regulate the temporal variability of ecological systems. Ecol. Lett. 4: 72-85.
3. Doak DF et al (1998): The statistical inevitability of diversity stability relationships in community ecology. Am. Nat. 151: 264-276.
4. Ives AR and Carpenter SR (2007): Stability and diversity of ecosystems. Science 317: 58-62.
5. Romanuk TN and Kolasa J (2002): Environmental variability alters the relationship between species richness and variability of community abundance in aquatic rock pool microcosms. Ecoscience 9: 55-62.
6. Srivastava D and Velland M (2005): Biodiversity-ecosystem function research: is it relevant to conservation. Annu. Rev. Ecol. Evol. Syst. 36: 267-294.
7. Steiner CF et al (2005): Temporal stability of aquatic food webs: partitioning the effects of species diversity, species composition and enrichment. Ecol. Lett. 8: 819-828.
8. Therriault TW and Kolasa J (2002): Desiccation frequency reduces species diversity and predictability of community structure in coastal rock pools. Isr. J. Zool. 47: 477-489.
9. Tilman D (1999): The ecological consequences of changes in biodiversity: a search for general principles. Ecology 80: 1455-1474.
10. Vogt RJ et al (2006): Species richness-variability relationships in multi-trophic aquatic microcosms. Oikos 113: 55-66.