Depression is a post-covid scenario in the householder’s life due to sedentary life-style due to covid. Work from home has impacted so many people making life sedentary. Raj yoga plays a important role in healing. Also, covid has laid importance and taught the importance of spiritual well-being. Practicing positive affirmations along with Rajyoga1, along with eating sattvic and energized ahaar (Diet), Following a (Routine) that is dincharya achaar, and creating positive (Thoughts) vichaar, and proper (Recreation and Relaxing) vihaar that is vihara plays a very important role in treating depression.
Cite this article:
Bk Suraj Kumar, Ritika Gupta. Depression – A Post Covid Scenario Treated by Rajyoga and Spiritual Healing. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022; 14(2):133-6. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2022.00022
Bk Suraj Kumar, Ritika Gupta. Depression – A Post Covid Scenario Treated by Rajyoga and Spiritual Healing. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022; 14(2):133-6. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2022.00022 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-2-10
1. Guide to healing depression – brahma kumaris
2. Heal mental health with rajyoga – brahma kumris
3. Indian J Psychiatry. 2020 Nov-Dec; 62(6): 684–689.
4. Published online 2020 Dec 12. Effectiveness of Rajyoga meditation as an adjunct to first-line treatment in patients with obsessive compulsive disorder. Kiran Mehta, Shivangi Mehta,1 Harsh Chalana,2 Harjot Singh,2 and Richa Ghay Thaman
5. International Journal of Physiology, January-March 2019, Vol. 7, No. 1 Effectiveness of Raja Yoga Meditation on Depression, Anxiety and Stress in Females with Premenstrual Syndrome. Eda Syamala1, Priya Roy,2 Kumar Sai Sailesh,3 Jabir P K4, Madhusudhan U5, Mukkadan JK5
6. Meditation as medicine book by brahma kumaris.