Synthesis of novel ethyl 3-amino-5-(methylthio)-4-(5-substituted phenyloxazol-2-yl) thiophene-2-carboxylate derivatives from 3-amino-4-carbamoyl-5-(methylthio)thiophene-2-carboxylate was carried out by traditional as well as microwave irradiation green protocol. Ethyl 3-amino-5-(methylthio)-4-(5-substituted phenyloxazol-2-yl) thiophene-2-carboxylate derivatives were screened for antimicrobial screening against gram positive bacteria Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 29737), gram negative bacteria Escherichia coli (ATCC 25922), Pseudomonas aeruginosa (ATCC 27853) and Candida albicans (MTCC 277), Aspergillus niger (MCIM 545) fungi.
Cite this article:
Satish M. Chavan. Green Synthesis of Novel ethyl 3-amino-5-(methylthio)-4-(5-substituted phenyloxazol-2-yl)thiophene-2-carboxylate derivatives. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2021; 13(2):105-0. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2021.00016
Satish M. Chavan. Green Synthesis of Novel ethyl 3-amino-5-(methylthio)-4-(5-substituted phenyloxazol-2-yl)thiophene-2-carboxylate derivatives. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2021; 13(2):105-0. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2021.00016 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-13-2-7
1. a) Sweta Joshi, Ajay Singh Bisht, Divya Juyal, Systematic scientific study of 1, 3-oxazole derivatives as a useful lead for pharmaceuticals: A review. The Pharma Innovation Journal 2017; 6(1): 109-117
b) Lubna Swellmeen. 1,3-Oxazole Derivatives: A Review of Biological Activities as Antipathogenic. Der Pharma Chemica, 2016; 8(13): 269-286
2. Avneet Kaur, Sharad Wakode, Dharam Pal Pathak. Benzoxazole: The Molecule of Diverse Pharmacological Importance. International J Pharm Pharm Sci., 2015; 7(1): 16-23
3. Stefano Bresciani, Nicholas C. O. Tomkinson. Transition Metal-Mediated Synthesis of Oxazoles. Heterocycles, 2014; 89(11): 2479-2543
4. Ambreen Ghani, Erum A. Hussain, Zubi Sadiq, Narjis Naz. Advanced synthetic and pharmacological aspects of 1,3-oxazoles and benzoxazoles. Indian J Chem, 2016; 55B (7): 833-853
5. Nishida A, Fuwa M, Naruto S, Sugaro Y, Saito H, Nakagawa M. Solid-phase synthesis of 5-(3-indolyl)oxazoles that inhibit lipid peroxidation. Tetrahedron Lett., 2000; 41: 4791-4794
6. Ivan H.R. Tomi, Jumbad H. Tomma, Ali H.R. Al-Daraji, Ammar H. Al-Dujaili. Synthesis, characterization and comparative study the microbial activity of some heterocyclic compounds containing oxazole and benzothiazole moieties. J Saudi Chem Soc., 2015; 19(4): 392-398
7. Xin H, Liu PChL., Jia-Yu X, Bao-An S, Hai-Liang Z. Novel 2,4,5-trisubstituted oxazole derivatives: Synthesis and antiproliferative activity. Eur. J. Med. Chem., 2009; 44(10): 3930-3935.
8. Shivendra Pratap Singh, Navneet Kumar Verma, Praveen Kumar Rai and Ashok Kumar Tripathi. Synthesis and pharmacological screening of some noval benzoxazole derivatives. Der Pharmacia Lettre, 2014; 6(6): 283-288.
9. Aniket P. Sarkate, Devanand B. Shinde. Synthesis and Docking Studies of 2-(Nitroxy)-ethyl-2-(substituted-2,5-diphenyl-oxazole)-acetate as Anti-Inflammatory Agents with Analgesic and Nitric Oxide Releasing Properties. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci, 2015; 7(10): 128-134.
10. Amira S. Abd El-All, Souad A. Osman, Hanaa M. F. Roaiah, Mohamed M. Abdalla, Abeer A. Abd El Aty, Wafaa H. AbdEl-Hady. Potent anticancer and antimicrobial activities of pyrazole, oxazole and pyridine derivatives containing 1,2,4-triazine moiety. Medicinal Chemistry Research, 2015; 24(12): 4093-4104.
11. Rajesh Kumar Singh, Ashish Bhatt, Ravi Kant, Pramod Kumar Chauhan. Design and Synthesis of some Novel oxazole derivatives and their biomedicinal efficacy. Chemistry and Biology Interface, 2016; 6, 4: 263-269
12. Sweta Joshi, Ajay Singh Bisht and Divya Juyal. Systematic scientific study of 1, 3-oxazole derivatives as a useful lead for pharmaceuticals: A review. The Pharma Innovation Journal, 2017; 6(1): 109-117
13. Supriya Tilvi, Keisham S. Singh. Synthesis of Oxazole, Oxazoline and Isoxazoline Derived Marine Natural Products: A Review Curr. Org. Chem., 2016; 20(8): 898-929
14. Fengqi Zhang, Kevin T. Chapman, William A. Schleif, David B. Olsen, Mark Stahlhut, Carrie A. Rutkowski, Lawrence C. Kuo, Lixia Jin, Jiunn H. Lin, Emilio A. Emini, James R. Tata. The design, synthesis and evaluation of novel HIV-1 protease inhibitors with high potency against PI-resistant viral strains. Bioorg. Med.Chem. Lett., 2003; 13(15): 2573-2576
15. Kevin D. Rynearson,Sanjay Dutta,Kiet Tran,Sergey M. Dibrov, Thomas Hermann. Synthesis of Oxazole Analogs of Streptolidine Lactam. Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2013; 7337–7342 DOI: 10.1002/ejoc.201300943
16. Suthakaran R., Raghvendra P., G. Veena, Graft. Microwave Synthesis and Anti-Inflammatory Evaluation of Some New Imidazolo Quinoline Analogs. Rasayan J Chem, 2011; 4: 91-102.
17. a) Smith R. A., Barbosa J. M., Blum C. L. Discovery of heterocyclic ureas as a new class of raf kinase inhibitors: identification of a second generation lead by a combinatorial chemistry approach. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 2001; 11(20): 2775-2778
b) Birone E. A., Chatterjee J. K., Kesselar H. A. Solid-Phase Synthesis of 1,3-Azole-Based Peptides and Peptidomimetics. Org. Lett., 2006; 8(11): 2417-2420
18. Elamina M., Uppal Z., A. Al-Badr. Antibacterial and antifungal activities of benzimidazole and benzoxazole derivatives. Antimicrobial Agents Chemotherapy.1981; 19: 29-32.
19. Ram Prasad S., Saraswathy T., Niraimathi V., Indumathi B. Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Activity of Some Hetero Benzocaine Dervivatives. Int. J. Pharm. Pham. Sci, 2012; Vol 4, Suppl 5: 285-287
20. Siddiqui N., Arshad M. F., Khan S. A. Synthesis of some new coumarin incorporated thiazolyl semicarbazones as anticonvulsants. Acta Pol. Pharm. 2009; 66: 161-167
21. Preeti Raval, Mukul Jain, Amitgiri Goswami, Sujay Basu, Archana Gite, Atul Godha,Harikishore Pingali, Saurin Raval, Suresh Giri, Dinesh Suthar, Maanan Shah, Pankaj Patel. Revisiting glitazars: Thiophene substituted oxazole containing α-ethoxy phenylpropanoic acid derivatives as highly potent PPARα/γ dual agonists devoid of adverse effects in rodents. Bioorg. Med Chem Letters 2011; 21: 3103–3109
22. Joseph Salamoun, Shelby Anderson, James C. Burnett, Rick Gussio, Peter Wipf, Synthesis of Heterocyclic Triads by Pd-Catalyzed Cross-Couplings and Evaluation of Their Cell-Specific Toxicity Profile. Org. Lett. 2014; 16: 2034−2037
23. Jagdish Kumar, Mymoona Akhtar, Chanda Ranjan, Gita Chawla. Design, Synthesis and Neuropharmacological Evaluation of Thiophene Incorporated Isoxazole Derivatives as Antidepressant and Antianxiety Agents. Int J Pharm Chem Analysis, 2015; 2(2): 74-83
24. Pervin Unal Civcir, Gulbin Kurtay, Kubra Sarikavak. Experimental and theoretical investigation of new furan and thiophene derivatives containing oxazole, isoxazole, or isothiazole subunits. Struct Chem, 2017; 28(3): 773–790 DOI 10.1007/s11224-016-0863-1
25. Chavan S.M.; Toche R.B.; Patil V. M.; Aware P.B.; Patil P.S. Reactions of ketene dithioacetal for a new versatile synthesis of 4,5-substituted 3-aminothiophene-2-carboxylate derivatives. J Sulfur Chem. 2016; 37(4): 426-437. https://doi.org/10.1080/17415993.2016.1156117
26. Mounyr Balouiri, Moulay Sadiki, Saad Koraichi Ibnsouda. Methods for IN VITRO evaluating antimicrobial activity: A review. J Pharm Analysis, 2016; 6: 71-79