Ankit Sharma, S. K. Arora, Manoj Kumar Batra, Rakhi Khandelwal
Ankit Sharma1*, S. K. Arora2, Manoj Kumar Batra3, Rakhi Khandelwal4
1Department of Chemistry, S.P.C Government P.G. College, Ajmer, (Rajasthan), India.
2Department of Chemistry, S.P.C Government P.G. College, Ajmer, (Rajasthan), India.
3Department of Chemistry, S.P.C Government P.G. College, Ajmer, (Rajasthan), India.
4Government Mahila Engineering College, Ajmer, (Rajasthan), India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2023
In the present paper we are presenting our studies on the synthesis of Schiff bases typically formed by condensation of 3,4,5-trihydroxy benzohydrazide and 3,4-dimethoxy benzaldehyde by microwave induced irradiation, reaction showed enhanced yield and less time, easier workup. The characterization of synthesized compound has been done on the basis of elemental analysis, spectral studies (FTIR,1HNMR, Mass) and surface morphology by Scanning Electron Microscopic (SEM). The structural composition of synthesized compound has been determined by X-Ray diffraction (XRD). The inhibition property of Schiff base 3,4,5-trihydroxy –N-(3,4dimethoxy benzylidene) benzo hydrazide on the corrosion of aluminum in 0.5N HCl,1NHCl, 2N HCl were studied using weight loss technique and electrochemical studies revealed mechanistic aspects of corrosion inhibition like potentiodynamic polarization measurements indicated the nature of inhibitor is a mixed type and impedance studies supported the formation of a protective layer of inhibitor on a metal surface. Adsorption of the inhibition molecule on aluminium surface was consistent with the Langmuir isotherm.
Cite this article:
Ankit Sharma, S. K. Arora, Manoj Kumar Batra, Rakhi Khandelwal. Corrosion inhibition and Adsorption characteristics of 3,4,5-trihydroxy-n-(3,4-dimethoxy benzylidene) benzo hydrazide schiff base on aluminium in different concentration of Hydrochloric acid environment. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2023; 15(4):175-2. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2023.00029
Ankit Sharma, S. K. Arora, Manoj Kumar Batra, Rakhi Khandelwal. Corrosion inhibition and Adsorption characteristics of 3,4,5-trihydroxy-n-(3,4-dimethoxy benzylidene) benzo hydrazide schiff base on aluminium in different concentration of Hydrochloric acid environment. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2023; 15(4):175-2. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2023.00029 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-15-4-1
1. Serpil Ş., Duran B., Yurt A., Türkoğlu G., Schiff bases as corrosion inhibitor for aluminium in HCl solution. Corrosion Science. 2012; 54: 251-259.
2. Rajalakshmi K., Jayendran T., Inhibition of Corrosion of Aluminium in 1N Sodium Hydroxide by Salicylic Acid in Conjunction with Calcium Acetate. Asian J. Research Chem. 2010; 3(2): 351-354.
3. Mercier D., Barthés L.M.G., The role of chelating agents on the corrosion mechanisms of aluminium in alkaline aqueous solutions. Corrosion Science. 2009; 51(2): 339-34.
4. Srikanth B., Kumar S. B. S., Radhakrishna S. L., Mechanical Behavior of Nickel Addition on Aluminium Alloy Al-7175. Research J. Engineering and Tech. 2019; 10(3): 125-130.
5. Zheludkevich M.L., Yasakau K.A., Poznyak S.K., Ferreira M.G.S., Triazole and thiazole derivatives as corrosion inhibitors for AA2024 aluminum alloy. Corrosion Science. 2005; 47(12): 3368-3383.
6. Bhawsar J., Jain P., Investigation of Mentha spicata extract as Green Corrosion Inhibitor for Mild Steel in 2M Sulphuric Acid Medium. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2018; 11(10): 4627-4634.
7. Karimi S., Rezaeivala M., Mokhtare M., Tuzun G., Sayin K., Improved carbon steel corrosion characteristics in static and hydrodynamic HCl media by two novelN2O2 ligands: Experimental and theoretical studies. Engineers. 2023:104937.
8. Yadav M., Kumar S., Nasar A., Kumar S., Inhibition of Corrosion of Copper by 4-Amino-3-Phenyl-5-Mercapto-1, 2, 4-Triazole in 3.5% Sodium Chloride Solution. Asian J. Research Chem. 2010; 3(4): 938-942
9. Allah M. D., Hefnawy M. E., Elhamed S. A., Experimental investigation of the corrosion inhibition of Aluminum by three novel anionic surfactants as green inhibitors in HCl solution. Chemical Data Collections. 2023; 45: 101033.
10. Amaal S. S., Entesar O. A.T., Synthesis and Characterization of New poly β-Lactam from poly acrolein and Study Corrosion Inhibition for Stainless steel in Hydrochloric Acid Solution. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6): 3039-4.
11. Bharathi M., Mathivathani S., Indira S., Vinoth G. et. al., Anchoring of a nickel Schiff base complex with mixed ligands on MCM-41 as a heterogeneous catalyst for the synthesis of quinoxaline derivatives by various energies. Polyhedron. 2023; 229: 116188.
12. Kavitha C., Vijayasarathi P. An Overview of Corrosion Performance of Automotive Metals in Biodiesel. Research J. Engineering and Tech. 2015; 6(4): 457-464.
13. Eberendu K.O., Onwu F.K., Synergistic Effect of Halide Ions on the Corrosion Inhibition of Zinc in Hydrochloric Acid using Schiff base compound, 1-phenyl-2,3-dimethyl-4-(benzylamino) pyrazole-5-one. Research J. Science and Tech. 2017; 9(2): 244-248.
14. Vaszilcsin C.G., Putz M.V., et.al., Dan On the evaluation of metal-corrosion inhibitor interactions by adsorption isotherms. Journal of Molecular Structure. 2023; 1286: 135643.
15. Messaouda A., Oumelkheir R., Brahim L., Ibtissem B., Bochra B., Comparison of Inhibition and Adsorption of a Flower extract of Rumex vesicarius L. on the Corrosion of carbon steel in acid media 1 N; HCl and H2SO4. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2023; 16(2): 175-3.
16. Yadav A. R., Shrinivas K. M., Magdum C. S. Microwave assisted synthesis of some Traditional reactions: Green Chemistry Approach. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(4): 275-278.
17. Shanthi T., Sathiyaraj S., Rajendran S., Sathiyabama J., Corrosion Inhibition by Polyacrylamide - Zn2+ System for Mild Steel in Simulated Concrete Pore Solution. Asian J. Research Chem. 2018; 11(6): 843-847.
18. Singh A., Lin Y., Ansari K.R., Quraishi M.A., Electrochemical and surface studies of some Porphines as corrosion inhibitor for J55 steel in sweet corrosion environment. Applied Surface Science. 2015; 359: 331-339.
19 Hassen, A., Zahraa, S., M. Rashid, The Synthesis of Schiff bases under microwave Irradiation: Review Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Science. 2016; 9(3): 1-4.
20 Bal M, Ceyhan G, Avar B, Köse M, Kayraldiz A, Kurtöglu M.Synthesis and X-ray powder diffraction, electrochemical, and genotoxic properties of a new azo-Schiff base and its metal complexes.Turkish J. Chem. 2014; 38(2): 222-241doi: 10.3906/kim-1306-28.
21 Khan M.I.S., Spectral, XRD SEM and biological properties of new mononuclear Schiff base transition metal complexes. Inorg. Chem. Commun. 2013; 35: 104–109.
22 Naik, U.J., Panchal, V.A., Patel A.S., Shah, N.K., The corrosion inhibition study of Al-Pure by p- anisidine –N- benzylidine Schiff base in HCl solution, J. Mate. Enviorn. Sci., 2012; 3(5): 935-946.
23 Shntaif AH, Rashid ZM.The Synthesis of Schiff bases under microwave Irradiation: Review. J. Chem. Pharm. Sci. 2016; 9(3): 1066-1068.
24 Ay E. Synthesis and Characterization of Schiff Base 1-Amino-4-methylpiperazine Derivatives. CBÜ Fen Bil. Dergi.Cilt. 2016; 12(3): 375–392. doi: 10.18466/cbayarfbe.280600.
25 Tang, L., Li, X., Li,L., Mu , G.Lu , G. Surf. Coat Technol. 2006,201,384.
26 Sharma A., Arora S.K., Batra M. K., Khandelwal R., One-Pot, Eco Sustainable Synthesis, Spectral Studies and Corrosion Inhibition of Mild Steel in different concentrations of H2SO4 solution by 3,4,5-trihydroxy-N-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxy benzylidene) benzo hydrazide Schiff Base. Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results. 2022; 13(9): 2517-2526.