Mahima Kumari, Prashant Kumar
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahima Kumari1, Prashant Kumar2
1Research Scholar, PG Department of Zoology, Jai Prakash University, Chapra (Bihar).
2Associate Professor, PG Department of Zoology, Jai Prakash University, Chapra (Bihar).
Volume - 15,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
The Physico-chemical characteristic of Ujain pond in Duroandha block of Siwan district was studied. This investigation was focused on the seasonal fluctuation in water quality parameters from 2017 to 2019. The study showing that water quality of this pond comply with suitability to growth of planktonic and fishes if managed properly to check over increasing pollution in recent years as the pond can be classified as mesotrophic and under pressure of anthropogenic disturbances and agricultural drainage from surrounding agricultural fields.
Cite this article:
Mahima Kumari, Prashant Kumar. Seasonal Physico-chemical variation in Ujain pond, Duraundha, Siwan. Research Journal of Science and Technology 2023; 15(1):8-4. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2023.00002
Mahima Kumari, Prashant Kumar. Seasonal Physico-chemical variation in Ujain pond, Duraundha, Siwan. Research Journal of Science and Technology 2023; 15(1):8-4. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2023.00002 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-15-1-2
1. Johnson DL, Ambrose SH, Bassett TJ, Bowen ML, Crummey DE, Isaacson JS, Johnson DN, Lamb P, Saul M, and Winter-Nelson AE (1997): Meanings of Environmental Terms. J. Environ. Qual. 26, 581-589.
2. Jhingran VG, Natarajan AV, Banerjea SM, and David A (1969) Methodology on reservoir fisheries investigations in India. Centr. Inl. Fish. Res. Instt. Bull. No. 12.
3. Alam MN (2001) Studies on variations in the physic-chemical parameters of a pond at Hathwa (Bihar). Journal of Environment & Pollution 8(2):179-181.
4. Kumar A and Verma AK (2017) Biodiversity loss and its Ecological impact in India. International Journal on Biological Sciences 8(2):156-160.
5. Mandal AC and Singh OP (2020) Climate Change and Practices of Farmers' to maintain rice yield: A case study. International Journal of Biological Innovations 2(1):42-51. DOI: https://doi.org/10.46505/IJBI.2020.2107.
6. Pandey J and Sharma MS (2003) Env. Sci. Practical and Field Manual. Yash Pub. House, Bikaner.
7. APHA (2005) Standard Methods for the Examination of water and Waste water. American Public Health Association, 21st Ed.
8. Dwivedi BK and Pandey GC (2002) Physico-chemical factors and algal diversity of two ponds in Faizabad, India. Poll. Res. 21(3):361-370.
9. Singh RP and Mathur P (2005) Investigation of variations in physicochemical characteristics of a fresh water reservoir of Ajmer city, Rajesthan. Ind. J. Environ. Sci. 9:57-61.
10. Jhingran VG (1982) Fish and fisheries of India. 2nd Edn., Hindustan Publishing Corporation, India.
11. Wetzel RG (1983) Limnology, II. Ed. Saunders College Publ. New York. 66.
12. Sharma V (2007) Biodiversity of Planktonic and Littoral Cladocerans in Water Bodies of South Rajasthan. Ph.D. Thesis Submitted to M.L. Sukhadia University, Udaipur.
13. Negi RK, Johan NS and Negi T (2006) Study of the Physico-chemical Parameters of Water of Pongdam Reservoir, Himachal Pradesh: A Ramsar site. Him. J. Env. Zool. 20(2):247- 256.
14. Upadhayay BL and Dwivedi DD (2006) Impact of Human Activities on Physicochemical Characteristics of Mansi Ganga water at Goverdhan (Mathura). Him. J. Env. Zool. 20(1):131-133.
15. Malara H (2008) Biodiversity of Planktonic and Littoral Rotifers in Water Bodies of South Rajasthan. Ph.D. Thesis Submitted to M.L. Sukhadia University, Udaipur.
16. Bhatt SD and Negi U (1985) Physico-chemical features and phytoplankton population in a sub-tropical pond. Comp. Physiol. Ecol. 10(2):85-98.
17. Reid GK and Wood RD (1976) Ecology of Inland Waters and Estuaries. D. Van Nostand Company, New York.
18. Choudhary J, Kumari I, Kumari A and Singh RK (2019) Physico-chemical status of rural pond of sasaram of bihar in respect of fish culture. International Journal of Science, Environment and Technology 8(2):289-297.
19. Durge LS, Dhammani AA and Chavhan RN (2018) Physico-chemical characteristics of a fresh water pond of Ghugus District Chandrapur, Maharashtra (India). International Journal of Scientific Research in Biological Sciences 5(3):59-64.
20. Hulyal SB and Kaliwal BB (2011) Seasonal Variations in Physico-Chemical Characteristics of Almatti Reservoir of Bijapur district, Karnataka State. Int. J. Env. Prot. 1(1):58-67.
21. Singh RK, Kumari R and Pandey MK (2012) Diversity and seasonal abundance of phytoplankton in Govardhan Das Pond Chapra, Bihar. International Journal of Pharmaceutical & Biological Archives 3(4):822-826.
22. Singh AP and Kumar R (2018) Study on limnology of Nageshwar pond of Chapra district with special references to fishes. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR) 5(8):807-812.
23. Anderson DM, Cembella AD, Hallegraeff GM (1998) Physiological Ecology of Harmful algal blooms. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1st Edn, pp. 647-648.