The present study considers an analytical investigation of multiple boundary layer flow of Jeffry fluid past a vertical plate through porous medium in a conducing fluid in the presence of a uniform transverse magnetic field. Then effects of radiation, heat generation/absorption, radiation absorption and homogeneous chemical reaction are considered. The coupled nonlinear partial equation are turned to ordinary by super imposing a solutions with steady and time dependent transient part. Finally, the set of ordinary differential equations are solved with a perturbation method to meet the inadequacy of boundary condition. The effect of different parameters on the flow is revealed by the help of graphs and tables. Most interesting observation is the fluctuation of velocity appears near the plate due to the presence of sink and presences of elastic element as well heat source reduce the skin friction.
Cite this article:
L. Rama Mohan Reddy. Multiple Boundary layer flow of Jeffry Fluid past a vertical plate through Porous medium in a Conducing Fluid. Research J. Science and Tech. 2021; 13(1):33-40. doi: 10.5958/2349-2988.2021.00006.1
L. Rama Mohan Reddy. Multiple Boundary layer flow of Jeffry Fluid past a vertical plate through Porous medium in a Conducing Fluid. Research J. Science and Tech. 2021; 13(1):33-40. doi: 10.5958/2349-2988.2021.00006.1 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-13-1-6
1. T. Hayat, M. Khan, K. Fakhar, and N. Amin, “Oscillatory Rotating Flows of a Fractional Jeffrey Fluid Filling a Porous Space,” Frontiers in Heat and Mass Transfer (FHMT), 10, 25 (2018)
2. T. Hayat, M. Mustafa, and Z. Naturforsch, “The Effect of Thermal Radiation on the Unsteady Mixed Convection Flow of a Jeffrey Fluid Past a Porous Vertical Stretching Surface Using Homotopy Analysis Method (HAM),” 65a, (2010)711-719.
3. T. Hayat, S.A. Shehzad, M. Qasim, and S. Obaidat, “Radiative Flow of Jeffery Fluid in a Porous Medium with Power Law Heat Flux and Heat Source,” Nucl. Eng, 243, (2012) 15–19.
4. T. Hussain, S.A. Shehzad, T. Hayat, A. Alsaedi, F. Al-Solamy, and M. Ramzan, “Radiative Hydromagnetic Flow of Jeffrey Nanofluid by an Exponentially Stretching Sheet,” Plos One, 9(8), (2014)1-9.
5. P. Lakshminarayana, S. Sreenadh, G. Sucharitha, and K. Nandgopal, “Effect of Slip and Heat Transfer on Peristaltic Transport of a Jeffrey Fluid in a Vertical Asymmetric Porous Channel,” Adv.Appl. Sci. Res., 6(2), (2015)107–118.
6. N. Santhosh, and D. Radhakrishnamacharya, “Jeffrey Fluid Flow through Porous Medium in the Presence of Magnetic Field in Narrow Tubes. Hindawi Publishing Corporation,” International Journal of Engineering Mathematics Article, 1-8. (2014)
7. S.A. Shehzad, A. Alsaedi, and T. Hayat, “Influence of Thermophoresis and Joule Heating on the Radiative Flow of Jeffrey Fluid with Mixed Convection”, Braz. J. Chem. Eng., 30(4), (2013) 897-908.
8. S.A. Shehzad, T. Hayat, M.S. Alhuthali, and S. Asghar, “MHD Three-Dimensional Flow of Jeffrey Fluid with Newtonian Heating,” J. Cent. South Univ., 21, (2014) 1428-1433.
9. S. Sreenadh, J. Prakash, A. Parandhama, and Y.V.K. Ravi Kumar, “Oscillatory Flow of a Conducting Jeffrey Fluid in a Composite Porous Medium Channel,” 10th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics, 14-16 July2014, Florida. 2350-2358.
10. S. Sreenadh, M.M. Rashidi, K. Kumara Swamy Naidu, and A. Parandhama, “Free Convection Flow of a Jeffrey Fluid through a Vertical Deformable Porous Stratum,” Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, 9(5), (2016) 2391-2401.
11. K. Kavita, K. Ramakrishna Prasad, B. Aruna Kumari, Influence of heat transfer on MHD oscillatory flow of Jeffrey fluid in a channel Adv Appl Sci Res, 3 (2012), pp. 2312-2325
12. M.M. Bhatti, M. Ali Abbas, Simultaneous effects of slip and MHD on peristaltic blood flow of Jeffrey fluid model through a porous medium Alexandr Eng J, 55 (2016), pp. 1017-1023
13. M. Krishna Murthy, M.H.D. Couette, Flow of Jeffrey fluid in a porous channel with heat source and chemical reaction Middle-East J Scient Res, 24 (2016), pp. 585-592
14. N.S. Akbar, Z.H. Khan, S. Nadeem, Influence of magnetic field and slip on Jeffrey fluid in a ciliated symmetric channel with metachronal wave pattern J Appl Fluid Mech, 9 (2016), pp. 565-572
15. N. Sandeep, C. Sulochana, Momentum and heat transfer behaviour of Jeffrey, Maxwell and Oldroyd-B nanofluids past a stretching surface with non-uniform heat source/sink A in Shams Eng J, 9 (4) (2018), pp. 517-524
16. N. Sandeep, C. Sulochana, I.L. Animasaun, Stagnation-point flow of a Jeffrey nano fluid over a stretching surface with induced magnetic field and chemical reaction Int J Eng Research in Afrika, 20 (2016), pp. 93-111