Kushal Ramdas Landge, Suhas Siddheshwar, Rajashree Ghogare
Kushal Ramdas Landge1*, Dr Suhas Siddheshwar2, Rajashree Ghogare2
1Research Scholar, M Pharmacy, Pravara Rural College of Pharmacy, Pravaranagar.
2Assistant Professor, Pravara Rural College of Pharmacy, Pravaranagar.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2020
Ramipril is a potent long acting ACE inhibitor and Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic and an antihypertensive. In literature few analytical methods are discussed for the estimation of Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide. The objective of this study is to develop and validate RP-HPLC method for the qualitative estimation of the drug. In most of the methods, the isocratic elution was carried out by using Acetonitrile, water and buffer as a mobile phase. The wavelength was in between 210 to 215nm for Ramipril and 316nm for Hydrochlorothiazide. The flow rate was approximately 0.8ml/min to 1.0ml/min. The temperature set was ambient temperature. The developed methods were validated as per ICH guidelines and this method were found to be specific, precise, sensitive and robustness.
Cite this article:
Kushal Ramdas Landge, Suhas Siddheshwar, Rajashree Ghogare. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide- A Review. Research J. Science and Tech. 2020; 12(3):211-221. doi: 10.5958/2349-2988.2020.00029.7
Kushal Ramdas Landge, Suhas Siddheshwar, Rajashree Ghogare. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide- A Review. Research J. Science and Tech. 2020; 12(3):211-221. doi: 10.5958/2349-2988.2020.00029.7 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-12-3-7
1. Patel A, Dwivedi N, Kaurav N, Bashani S, Patel S, Sharma HS, et al. Chemical analysis of pharmaceuticals: a review. J Med Pharm Innov2016; 3:4-7.
2. Chauhan A, Mittu B, Chauhan P. Analytical method development and validation: a concise review. J Anal Bioanal Tech 2015; 6:1.
3. Ravisankar P, Navya CN, Pravallika D, Sri DN. A review on step- by-step analytical method validation. IOSR J Pharm2015; 5:7-19.
4. Jatto E, Okhamafe AO. An overview of pharmaceutical validation and process controls in drug development. Trop J Pharm Res2002; 1:115-22.
5. Lavanya G, Sunil M, Eswarudu MM, Eswaraiah MC, Harisudha K, Spandana BN, et al. Analytical method validation: an updated review. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2013; 4:1280.
6. Verma P, Madhav NS, KR Gupta V. A review article on pharmaceutical validation and process controls. Pharma Innovation2012; 1:51-60.
7. MdA lamshoaib. Pharmaceutical process validation: an overview. J Adv Pharm Edu Res2012; 2:185-200.
8. Mahar P, Verma A. Pharmaceutical process validation: an overview. Int J Pharm Res Biosci2014; 3:243-62.
9. Ahir KB, Singh KD, Yadav SP, Patel HS, Poyahari CB. Overview of validation and basic concepts of process validation. SchAcad J Pharm2014; 3:178-90.
10. Nandhakumar L, Dharmamoorthy G, Rameshkumar S, Chandrasekaran S. An overview of pharmaceutical validation: quality assurance viewpoint. Int J Res Pharm Chem 2011; 1:1003-14
11. Bhardwaj SK, Dwivedi K, Agarwal DD. A review: HPLC method development and validation. Int J Anal BioanalChem2015; 5:76-1
12. Araujo P. Key aspects of analytical method validation and linearity evaluation. J Chromatogr B 2009; 877:2224-34.
13. Goyal D, Maurya S, Verma C. Cleaning validation in the pharmaceutical industry-an overview. Pharma Tutor 2016; 4:14-20.
14. Lodhi B, Padamwar P, Patel A. Cleaning validation for the pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, cosmetic and neutraceuticals industries. J Innov Pharm BiolSci2014; 1:27-38.
15. Murthy DN, Chitra K. A review article on cleaning validation. Int J Pharm Sci Res2013; 4:3317.
16. Srivastava RK, Kumar SS. An updated review: analytical method validation. Eur J Pharm Med Res2017; 4:774-84.
17. Patel Paresh U. Development and validation of simultaneous equations method for estimation of betahistine dihydrochloride and prochlorperazine maleate in tablet dosage form. Inventi Rapid: Pharm Analysis and Quality Assurance;2013.
18. Nirupa G, Tripathi UM. RP-HPLC analytical method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of two drugs nitazoxanide, ofloxacin and its pharmaceutical dosage forms. Int J Chem Tech Res2012; 5:775-83.
19. Devi TP, Setti A, Srikanth S, Nallapeta S, Pawar SC, Rao JV, et al. Method development and validation of paracetamol drug by RP-HPLC. J Med Allied Sci2013; 3:8.
20. Nayudu ST, Suresh PV. Bio-analytical method validation–a review. Int J Pharm Chem Res2017; 3:283-93.
21. Daksh S, Goyal A, Pandiya CK. Validation of analytical methods– strategy and significance. Int J Res Dev Pharm Life Sci 2015; 4:1489-97.
22. Tijare LK, Rangari NT, Mahajan UN. A review on bioanalytical method development and validation. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2016; 9:6-10
23. Pasbola K, Chaudhary M. Updated review on analytical method development and validation by HPLC. World J Pharm Pharm Sci 2017; 6:1612-30.
24. Geetha G, Raju KN, Kumar BV, Raja MG. Analytical method validation: an updated review. Int J Pharm Biol Sci 2012; 1:64-1.
25. Shrivastava A, Gupta VB. Methods for the determination of limit of detection and limit of quantitation of the analytical methods. Chron Young Sci2011; 2:21.
26. Ravichandran V, Shalini S, Sundram KM, Harish R. Validation of analytical methods–strategies and importance. Int J Pharm PharmSci2010; 2:18-2.
27. Boque R, Maroto A, Riu J, Rius FX. Validation of analytical methods. Grasas Aceites 2002; 53:128-43.
28. Nagavi J et al., Analytical RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for The Simultaneous Estimation of Ramipril and Hydrochlorothiazide in Tablet Dosage Form. American Journal of Pharm Tech Research 2014.
29. B. Kalyan Kumar, et al. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Ramipril, Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms, Journal of Pharmacy Research 2011,4(10),3306-3308.
30. Ashutosh Kumar, S and Debnath, Manidipa and Seshagiri Rao, J. V. L. N. and Sankar, D. Gowri, New Validated Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Hydrochlorothiazide, Ramipril and Losartan in Human Plasma by Using PDA Detector (June 6, 2016). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2791168
31. Shi-Ying Dai, Shi-Ting Qiu, Wei Wu, Chun-Mei Fu. Development and validation of an RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of Ramipril and Amlodipine in tablets. Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis 2013; Vol 3(6) [440–446]
32. Sunil Jawla et al. Development and Validation of Simultaneous HPLC method for Estimation of Telmisartan and Ramipril in Pharmaceutical Formulations. Int.J. Pharm Tech Res.2010,2(2)
33. V. P. Kurade, M. G. Pai, R. Gude. RP-HPLC Estimation of Ramipril and Telmisartan in Tablets. Indian J Pharmceutical Sciences. 2009 Mar-Apr; 71(2): 148–151.
34. N. SREEKANTH, K. SHIVSHANKER. Simultaneous Estimation and Validation of Rampiril, Losartan Potassium and Hydrochlorothiazide by RP-HPLC in Pure and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Chemistry. Vol. 19, No. 4 (2007), 2850-2856.
35. Shravan Bankey1*, Shailendra Bindaiya1, Ritesh Patel 2. Simultaneous determination of ramipril, hydrochlorothiazide and telmisartan by RP-HPLC. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Sciences Vol. 1(2), August 2012.