The technique used to create alkali BEC were applied to other class of quantum particles, fermions. Earlier alkali atoms such as (composite bosons) were cooled as a gas down to nano kelvin temperature via laser cooling and evaporative cooling. At these temperatures the thermal de Broglie wavelength of the particle becomes in order of the inter-particle spinning in the gas and Bose-Einstein condensate is formed. Experiments also observed that condensate behave as matter wave and verified the super fluid nature of the condensates.
Cite this article:
Amitesh Kumar, RK Verma. Study of BCS-BEC Crossover Physics and evaluation of energy Gap parameters and chemical potential for the Crossover. Research J. Science and Tech. 2020; 12(4):302-306. doi: 10.5958/2349-2988.2020.00043.1
Amitesh Kumar, RK Verma. Study of BCS-BEC Crossover Physics and evaluation of energy Gap parameters and chemical potential for the Crossover. Research J. Science and Tech. 2020; 12(4):302-306. doi: 10.5958/2349-2988.2020.00043.1 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-12-4-13
1. DeMarco B and Jin DS (1999): Onset of Fermi degeneracy in a trapped atomic gas, Science 285, 1703.
2. Truscott AG, Stecker KE, Alexander WI, Partridge GB and Hulet RG (2001: Observation of Fermi pressure in a gas of trapped atoms, Science 291,2570.
3. Stoof HTC, Houbiers M, Sackett CA and Hulet RG (1996): Super-fluidity of spin polarized , Phys. Rev. Letter 76, 10.
4. Combescot R (1999): Trapped , A. high superfluid?, Phys. Rev. Letter (83): 37-66.
5. Timmermans E, Furuya K, Milonni PW and Kerman AK (2001): Prospect of creating composite Fermi –Bose superfluid, Phys. Letter, 228-285.
6. Ohashi Y and Griffin A (2002): BCS-BEC crossover in a gas of Fermi atoms with a Feshbach resonance, Phys. Rev. Letter 89, 130402.
7. Nozieres P and Schmitt-Rink S (1985): Bose condensation in an attractive fermion gas; from weak to strong coupling superconductivity, J. Low temp., Phys. (JLTP) 59, 195.
8. Randeria M, Duan JM and Shieh LY (1990): Superconductivity in two-dimensional Fermi gas; Evolution from Cooper pairing to Bose condensation, Phys. Rev. B41, 327.
9. Maxwell (2014): physical Review 78(4) 471-477.
10. Randeria M (1995): In Bose-Einstein Condensation (edited by A Griffin, D. W. Snoke and S. Stringari). Cambridge Univ. Cambridge, UK, pp.355-392.
11. Regal CA, Greiner M and Jin DS (2004): Lifetime of molecule-atom mixtures near a Feshbach resonance in , Phys. Rev. Letter 92, 83-101.
12. Regal CA, Greiner M and Jin DS (2004): Observation of resonance condensation of fermionic atom pairs, Phys. Rev. Letter 92, 40-43.
13. Oritiz G and Dukelsky J (2005): Phys. Rev. A72, 043611 2005.
14. Marini M, Pistolesi F and Strinati GC (1998): Evaluation from BCS Super-conductivity to Bose condensation, Analytic results for the crossover in three dimensions, Eur, Phys. J. B1,151.