Anita Kumari, Y.K. Gupta
email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Anita Kumari1, Y.K. Gupta2*
1Research Scholar, Department of Chemistry, Shri Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University, Jhunjhunu, Churu Road, Vidyanagari, Chudela, Rajasthan 333001, India.
2Head Department of Chemistry, B K Birla Institute of Engineering and Technology, Pilani, Rajasthan, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
The water has become an emotive issue with the people. The paper presents groundwater quality assessments of Pilani Town District Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan India. The water samples were collected from 10 open wells, tube wells and hand pumps in Pilani. Ground water is increasingly being sought as a source of drinking water due to the scarcity, non-availability and bacteriological pollution of surface water. This paper describes the important results of the Physico-chemical Assessment of the ground water samples of the open wells, tube wells and hand pumps of the urban areas in Pilani, District Jhunjhunu of Rajasthan. The different parameters determined are pH, TDS, fluoride, chloride, nitrate, sulphate, total alkalinity and total hardness. It has been observed that nitrate values are higher compaired to ICMR standards. Other parameters were found within desirable limits. The interesting fact is that the nitrate alone is making ground water unfit for drinking.
Cite this article:
Anita Kumari, Y.K. Gupta. Physico- Chemical Assessment of Tube wells Water Quality of Pilani Town District Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan, India. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022; 14(2):91-4. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2022.00014
Anita Kumari, Y.K. Gupta. Physico- Chemical Assessment of Tube wells Water Quality of Pilani Town District Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan, India. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022; 14(2):91-4. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2022.00014 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-2-2
1. Babita Kumari, Y.K. Gupta* “A Comprehensive review report on assessment of ground water quality in Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan, India, focus on fluoride." Asian J. of Research in Chemistry, Vol. 08, issue 11, pp 701-707, 2015.
2. Anil kumar Saini, Alka, Yogesh Kumar Gupta “Water Quality Analysis of Singhana in Buhana Tehsil of Jhunjhunu District (Rajasthan)” International Journal of Renewable Energy Exchange (Rex Journal) Vol. 4 Issue 03, pp 265-267, 2017.
3. D.K. Sinha and A.K. Srivastava, Indian J. Environ. Hlth., 37, 205 (1995).
4. Sandeep M, (2019), Study of Fluoride contamination in ground water of Manawa area of Jhunjhunu district Rajasthan – The heritage city of Shekhawati, Int. J. Chem. Sci, 9(2), 751- 756.
5. A.A. Ansari, I.B. Singh and H.J. Tobschall, Indian Environ. Geol., 38, 25 (1999)
6. Kaushik et al, J. of Hazardous Material, 164: 265-270 (2019).
7. Manuals of Standards of Drinking Water Supply, ICMR, New Delhi, 2nd Special Report Series No. 44 (1975).
8. Babita Kumari, Y.K. Gupta* “Physico-Chemical Characteristics of Underground water Quality of some villages of Jhunjhunu District of Rajasthan, India.” International Journal of Research in Chemistry and Environment, Vol. 05, issue 04, pp 95-102, 2015.
9. A. Sreenivason, F.A.O. Fish Rep, 44(3), 101 (1967)
10. Prasad B. Guru, Evaluation of Water Quality in Tadepalli Mandal of Guntur Distt., A.P., Nature, Environ. and Poll. Techn., 2(3) 273-276 (2003).
11. Babita Kumari, Y.K. Gupta* “Stastical Assessment of Ground water Quality using Physico- Chemical Parameters in Jhunjhunu District of Rajasthan, India.” Research J. Science and Tech. Vol. 07, issue 04, pp 217-222, 2015.
12. N. Kumarswamy, Poll. Res., 10, 13 (1991)
13. K. Vijayram, S.R. Vyasugi, S.Chitra, and U. Asha, Poll. Res., 9, 133 (1990)
14. Mahavir Prasad, (2017) Geochemical studies of fluoride & other water quality parameter of ground water of Sikar Dist. Rajasthan, Int J ChemSci, 5(2)623-629.
15. Anil Kumar Saini, Alka, Yogesh Kumar Gupta “Water Quality Analysis of Singhana in Buhana Tehsil of Jhunjhunu District (Rajasthan)” International Journal of Renewable Energy Exchange (Rex Journal) Vol. 4 Issue 04, pp 345-347, 2017