A Bhoir, S. Borade, S. Borde, G. Chaudhari, T. Chaudhari, Proff. V. Sharma
A Bhoir1, S. Borade1, S. Borde1*, G. Chaudhari1, T. Chaudhari1, Proff. V. Sharma2
1Students, Ideal Institute of Pharmacy, Posheri Village, Pimplaj Road, Palghar, Maharashtra - 421303, India.
2Professor, Ideal Institute of Pharmacy, Posheri Village, Pimplaj Road, Palghar, Maharashtra - 421303, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
Ayurvedic system of medicine display a wealth of pharmacological properties. The ayurvedic system of medicine is one of the oldest systems of medicine and includes various ethno pharmacological activities such as immunostimulation, tonic, neurostimulation, anti-ageing, antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-rheumatic, anticancer, adapt genic, etc. The present review focuses on plant profile, pharmacological activities especially immunomodulation, uses (Traditional and medicinal), side effects and marketed products, and also the survey of all people who are aware, and what they consume for boosting immunity. The whole plant as well as plant parts such as the Fruit of piperlongum are used traditionally and is a flowering vine in the family Piperaceae. Asparagus racemosus is an important medicinal plant of tropical and subtropical India of family Liliaeceae. Liquorice is the most widely used herb from the ancient medical history of Ayurveda as a medicine as well as a flavoring herb with family leguminosae Guduchi is a well-known immune-modulator herb used in the correction of auto immunity of family Menispermaeceae. Turmeric is an Indian rhizomatous herbal plant (Curcuma longa) of the ginger family zingiberaceae of well-known medical benefits. The sources of review paper were PubMed, research gate, Science Direct, kokate (BOOK). However Research has been done from ancient time and various research papers are published so awareness of these drugs and ayurvedic drugs should be done for betterment of health care system.
Cite this article:
A Bhoir, S. Borade, S. Borde, G. Chaudhari, T. Chaudhari, Proff. V. Sharma. Ayurvedic Immunomodulatory Drugs showing Pharmacological effects in Healthcare System. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022; 14(3):165-4. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2022.00027
A Bhoir, S. Borade, S. Borde, G. Chaudhari, T. Chaudhari, Proff. V. Sharma. Ayurvedic Immunomodulatory Drugs showing Pharmacological effects in Healthcare System. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022; 14(3):165-4. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2022.00027 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-3-5
1. Dinesh Kumar, Vikrant Arya, Ranjeet Kaur, Zulfiqar Ali Bhat, Vivek Kumar Gupta, Vijender Kumar, A review of immunomodulators in the Indian traditional health care system, Journal of Microbiology, Immunology and Infection, Volume 45, Issue 3, 2012, Pages 165-184, ISSN 1684-1182, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmii.2011.09.030. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S168411821100185X)
2. Mohammad Asaduzzaman Chowdhury, Nayem Hossain, Mohammod Abul Kashem, Md. Abdus Shahid, Ashraful Alam, Immune response in COVID-19: A review, Journal of Infection and Public Health, Volume 13, Issue 11, 2020, Pages 1619-1629, ISSN1876 - 0341, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiph.2020.07.001. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1876034120305670)
3. immune system components-immune cells Janeway CA Jr, Travers P, Walport M, et al. Immunobiology: The Immune System in Health and Disease. 5th edition. New York: Garland Science; 2001. The components of the immune system. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK27092/
4. Marshall, J.S., Warrington, R., Watson, W. et al. An introduction to immunology and immunopathology. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 14, 49 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13223-018-0278.
5. Nicholson LB. The immune system. Essays Biochem. 2016 Oct 31; 60(3):275-301 doi:10.1042/EBC20160017 PMID: 27784777; PMCID: PMC5091071.
6. Mohan, Ram and Garige, Baba and Rao, Shankar and Boggula, Narender and Chettupalli, Ananda and Kumar, Venkateswara and Rao, Vasudha and Bakshi, (2019). Indian medicinal plants used as immunomodulatory agents: A review. Pg no-312.
7. Pharmacognosy C.K. Kokate, A.P. Purohit, S.B. Gokhale Nirali prakashan.