Kamalakshi Krishnamurthy, Thant Zin, K. Priyamvatha, Mahadeva Rao U.S., Suganya M.
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Kamalakshi Krishnamurthy1, Thant Zin2, K. Priyamvatha3, Mahadeva Rao U.S.2, Suganya M.4
1Additional Director andDirector (i/c)-Retired, Forensic Sciences Department, Mylapore, Chennai, India.
2School of Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA), Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia.
3Former Student of Women's Christian College, Chennai, India.
4People's College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
Various new drugs are being introduced in the market. This proves a hectic problem for Toxicologist to identify the exact nature of the drug and its metabolites in the viscera for cases involving death due to drug poisoning. When a case is taken for drug analysis, we have to be more exhaustive in ruling out drugs. For identification of Inderal tablets, a new Thin Layer chromatography system has been developed. After systematic trials, the paper has found out a new solvent system with spray for eluting Inderal tablets.
Cite this article:
Kamalakshi Krishnamurthy, Thant Zin, K. Priyamvatha, Mahadeva Rao U.S., Suganya M.. New System for Identification of Propranolol Tablet (Inderal). Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022; 14(3):175-6. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2022.00028
Kamalakshi Krishnamurthy, Thant Zin, K. Priyamvatha, Mahadeva Rao U.S., Suganya M.. New System for Identification of Propranolol Tablet (Inderal). Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022; 14(3):175-6. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2022.00028 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-3-6
1. Essentials of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology -By K.S. Narayan Reddy & O.P. Murthy.
2. Parikh's Textbook of Medical Jurisprudence & Toxicology- By C.K. Parikh.
3. Textbook of Medical Jurisprudence & Toxicology - By Jaising Modi.
4. Textbook of Bio-Chemistry - By West & Todd.
5. Casarett and Doull's Toxicology-The Basic Science of Poisons: By Curtis. D. Klaassen.
6. Principles of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology - By Rajesh Bardale.
7. Egon Stahl-Thin Layer Chromatography - 2nd edition 1990.
8. Isolation and Identification of Drugs in Pharmaceuticals, body fluids and post-mortem material – By E.C.G. Clarke. - 2nd edition.