K. Umadevi, Mohibul Hoque1, Ramya Sri. S
K. Umadevi1*, Mohibul Hoque1, Ramya Sri. S2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Samskruti College of Pharmacy, Affiliated to JNTUH University, Hyderabad 501301, Telangana, India.
2Department of Pharmacy, University College of Technology, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500007, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
A Rapid and Precise Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatographic method has been developed for the validated of Roxithromycin and Ambroxol, in its pure form as well as in tablet dosage form. Chromatography was carried out on Altima C18 (4.6 x 150mm, 5µm) column using a mixture of ACN, Methanol and Phosphate buffer pH4.6 (10:25:65 v/v) as the mobile phase at a flow rate of 1.0ml/min, the detection was carried out at 215nm. The retention time of the Roxithromycin and Ambroxol was 2.344, 3.286±0.02min respectively. The method produce linear responses in the concentration range of 10-50mg/ml of Roxithromycin and 2.5-12.5mg/ml of Ambroxol. The method precision for the determination of assay was below 2.0 %RSD. The method is useful in the quality control of bulk and pharmaceutical formulations.
Cite this article:
K. Umadevi, Mohibul Hoque1, Ramya Sri. S. Quantitative Estimation of Roxithromycin and Ambroxol in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Forms by RP-HPLC Method. Research Journal of Science and Technology 2023; 15(1):1-7. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2023.00001
K. Umadevi, Mohibul Hoque1, Ramya Sri. S. Quantitative Estimation of Roxithromycin and Ambroxol in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Forms by RP-HPLC Method. Research Journal of Science and Technology 2023; 15(1):1-7. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2023.00001 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-15-1-1
1. R Anusha Naik, Ajay Kumar D., M. Venkatesh. Method Development and Validation of Taurine and Acetyl Cysteine by Using RP -HPLC Method. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2018; 8(4):223-235. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2018.00038.3.2. Govinda Rao Kamala, Sowjanya Vadrevu, Malipeddi Haripriya. Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Omeprazole and Domperidone by RP-HPLC. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 5(4): 2015; 195-205. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2015.00031.9
3. Mohd. Yaqub Khan, Maryada Roy, Mohammad Ahmad, Mohammad Imtiyaz Ahmad, Irfan Aziz. A Review- Acute Respiratory Infections- the Forgotten Killer of Children. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 5(1): Jan.-March 2015; Page 49-54. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2015.00008.9
4. Anaghya V Naik, Hebsiba Joseph, Nidhina Mathew, Sumanth Shetty, Rajesh K S, Bharath Raj KC, Juno J Joel1, Gururaj MP, Nandakumar UP. Drug Prescription Pattern in Paediatric Respiratory Tract Infections. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(3): 1280-1284. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00214.2
5. Kaushal Patidar. A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Self Instructional Module on Knowledge Regarding Prevention of Acute Respiratory Tract Infection Among the Mother of Under Five Year Children in Bhandu Village, Mehsana District.. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2018; 8(1): 05-06. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2018.00002.2
6. Nomitha Baby, Chandrashekar M, Sheela Williams. A Comparative Study to Assess the Effect on Respiratory Status of Under Five Children with Lower Respiratory Tract Infection in Prone and Lateral Position in Selected Hospitals at Mysore. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 5(4): Oct.- Dec.2015; Page 537-541. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2015.00110.X
7. Surbhi Choursiya, Arpana Indurkhya. Development and Evaluation of Hard Candy Lozenges Containing Roxithromycin for Treatment of Oral Infection. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(3):150-154. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2020.00027.7
8. Shilpa Jagtap, Smrutidevi Sonavane, Shrikrishna Baokar, Vinod Pawar, Patil R. N. In Vitro New Dissolution Method for the Evaluation of Roxithromycin using pH 6.0 Phosphate Buffer and Determination of its Content by Validated UV Spectrophotometric Method. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2013; 5(5): 277-281.
9. K Ravi Sankar, NL Prasanthi, SS Manikiran, N Rama Rao. Effect of Solid Dispersion Technique on Improving the Solubility of Roxithromycin. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2010; 2(2):184-188.
11. Hisham A. Abbas. Modulation of antibiotic activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa by N-acetylcysteine, ambroxol and ascorbic acid. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2(4): Oct.-Dec. 2012; Page 123-128
12. Potdar VH, Kuchekar BS, Patil SS. Selective Visible Spectrophotometric Estimation of Ambroxol Hydrochloride in Presence of Cetirizine Hydrochloride in Tablets. Asian J. Research Chem. 2(3): July-Sept. 2009 page 278-279.
13. Chhotaram Seervi, Kundan Pawar, PN Dhabale, ID Gonjari, Chandrakant Raut, Deepali Gharge. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method of Ambroxol Hydrochloride in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Asian J. Research Chem. 2(4): Oct.-Dec. 2009 page 547-549.
14. Sohan S. Chitlange, Sneha R. Tawargeri, Kaushalendra K. Chaturvedi. Simultaneous Determination of Amoxicillin Trihydrate and Ambroxol Hydrochloride in Solid Dosage Form By Spectrophotometric and Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(6): June, 2011; Page 1025-1030.