Vaishnavi Aher, S. D. Mankar, G. S. Shinde
Vaishnavi Aher, S. D. Mankar, G. S. Shinde
Department of Quality Assurance Technique, Pravara Rural College of Pharmacy, Pravaranagar, Tal: Rahata, Dist: Ahmednagar 413736, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
Vildagliptin is approved by USFDA in 2007. Vildagliptin s- l-[n-(3-hydroxy-1-adamantyl) glycyl] pyrrolidine-2- carbonitrile is associate degree oral antihyperglycaemic agent (anti-diabetic drug) of the new dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (dpp-4) substance category of medicine. The present work categorical the new easy, accurate, precise analytical methodology for the determination of vildagliptin in bulk and pharmaceutical indefinite quantity kind. Analytical techniques play a decisive role by providing solutions like improvement. This paper could be a review and classification of the various analytical techniques that are the foremost widely-used in determination common provision issues. Pharmaceutical analysis plays an awfully outstanding conspicuous role in quality assurance similarly as internal control of bulk medication and pharmaceutical formulations. Fast increase in pharmaceutical industries and production of drug in numerous components of the globe has brought an increase in demand for brand new analytical techniques within the pharmaceutical industries. As a consequence, analytical methodology development has become the essential activity of study. Recent development in analytical ways has been resulted from the advancement of analytical instruments.
Cite this article:
Vaishnavi Aher, S. D. Mankar, G. S. Shinde. Review on Analytical Methods for Estimation of Vildagliptin in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage form. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2021; 13(2):157-2. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2021.00024
Vaishnavi Aher, S. D. Mankar, G. S. Shinde. Review on Analytical Methods for Estimation of Vildagliptin in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage form. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2021; 13(2):157-2. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2021.00024 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-13-2-15
1. Thornberry NA and Gallwitz B. Mechanism of action of inhibitors of dipeptidyl-peptidase-4 (DPP-4). Best Practice and Research Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2009;23(4):479-486.
2. McIntosh CHS, Demuth HU, Pospisilik JA and Pederson R. Dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitors: how do they work as new antidiabetic agents?. Regulatory Peptides. 2005;128(2):159-165.
3. WWW. Drug Bank. com.
4. Weber AE. Dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitors for the treatment of diabetes. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2004;47: 4135-4141.
5. Mentlein R. Dipeptidyl-peptidase IV (CD26)- role in the inactivation of regulatory peptides. Regulatory Peptides. l999;85( l):9-24.
6. Moneeb MS. Spectrophotometric and spectrofluorimetric methods for the determination of Saxagliptin and Vildagliptin in bulk and pharmaceutical preparations. Bulletin of Faculty of Pharmacy. Cairo University. 2013;5l (2):139-150.
7. Ramzia I. El—Bagary, Ehab F. Elkady, Bassam M. Ayoub. Liquid Chromatographic Methods for the Determination of Vildagliptin in the Presence of its Synthetic Intermediate and the Simultaneous Determination of Pioglitazone Hydrochloride and Metformin Hydrochloride, International Journal of Biomedical Science 7(3), 201- 208, (2011)
8. Amanda Thomas Barden, Bàrbara Salamon, Elfrides Eva Sherman Schapoval, and Martin Steppe; Stability- Indicating RP-LC Method for the Determination of Vildagliptin and Mass Spectrometry Detection for a Main Degradation Product, J Chromatogr Sci 50(5): 426-432, (2012).
9. Brandt I, Joossens J, Chen X et al. Inhibition of dipeptidyl-peptidase lV catalyzed peptide truncation by vildagliptin ((2S)- ( [(3-hydroxyadamanta-1-yl) amino]acetyl }-pyrrolidine-2-carbonitrile). Biochem Pharmacol. 2005; 70:134-43.
10. Mentlein R. Dipeptidyl-peptidase lV (CD26)-role in the inactivation of regulatory peptides. Regul Pept. 1999; 85:9-24.
11. Efendic S, Portwood N. Overview of incretin hormones. Horm Metab Res. 2004; 36:742-6.
12. Villhauer EB, Brinkmn JA, Naderi GB et al. 1 -[[(3-hydroxy- l-adamantyl)aminolacetyl]-2-cyano- (S)-pyrrolidine: a potent, selective, and orally bioavailable dipeptidyl peptidase lV inhibitor with antihyperglycemic proper- ties. J Med Chem. 2003; 46:2774-89.
13. Ahren B. Gut peptides and type 2 diabetes mellitus treatment. Curr Diab Rep. 2003; 3:365-72.
14. Nauck MA, Heimesaat MM, Orskov C et al. Preserved incretin activity of glucagon-like peptide l [7-36 amide] but not of synthetic human gastric inhibitory polypeptide in patients with type-2 diabetes mellitus. J Clin Invest. 1993; 91:301-7.
15. Elahi D, McAloon-Dyke M, Fukagawa NK et al. The insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and glucagon-like peptide-1 (7-37) in normal and diabetic subjects. Regul Pept. 1994; 51:63-74.
16. Barlocco D. LAF-237. Curr Opin Invest Drugs. 2004; 5:1094-100.
17. Tran P, Yin H, Smith T et al. Disposition of [l4C]LAF237 in rats and humans. Drug Metab Rev. 2002; 34:147. Abstract.
18. He YL, Balch A, Campestrini J et a1. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the DPP-4 inhibitor, LAF237, in patients with type 2 diabetes. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2005; 77:P56. Abstract.
19. Pratley RE, Salsali A, Matfin G. Inhibition of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 with vildagliptin: a potential new treatment for type 2 diabetes. Br I Diabetes Vase Dis. 2006; 6:150-6.
20. Villhauer EB, Brinkmn JA, , Naderi GB et al. 1-[[(S-hydroxy- l- adamantyl)amino]acetyl]-2-cyano- (S)- pyrrolidine: a potent, selective, and orally bioavailable dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitor with antihyperglycemic properties. J Med Chem. 2003; 46:2774-89.
21. Martin M., Guiochon, G. Effects of high pressures in liquid chromatography. J. Chromatogr. A, 2005; (1-2)7: 16-38.
22. Aparajita Malakar, Bishwajit Bokshi, Dilruba Nasrin. Development And Validation Of Rp-Hplc Method For Estimation of Vildagliptln From Tablet Dosage Form) ,International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences. Volume l, Issue 1, Serial 2: August 2012.
23. Thangabalan Boovizhikannan, Vijayaraj Kumar Palanirajan, RP-HPLC determination vildagliptin in pure and tablet formulation journal homepage: www.elsevier.com/locate/jopr, Received 6 November 2012 Accepted 9 January 2013 Available online 4 February 2013.
24. Ramesh Jayaprakash, Senthil Kumar Natesan), stability indicating RP-HPLC method development and validation for the simultaneous determination of vildagliptin and metformin in pharmaceutical dosage form , International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Vol 9, Issue 3, 2017.
25. Meetali M. Chaphekar, Purnima D. Hamrapurkar. Development and validation of RP-HPLC assay method for vildagliptin using QBD approach and its application to forced degradation studies. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research ,2016; 8(S): 157-165 .
26. K. Hanumantrao, A. Laxmanrao and KB. Chandrasekhara, Development and validation HPLC method for the estimation of vildagliptin in pharmaceutical dosage form. International Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences.
27. Pavia D, Lampman G, Krix G. Introduction to Spectroscopy. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University; 2001. 28.
28. Sujan Banik, Palash Karmakar and Md. Anowar Hossain Miah, Development and Validation of a UV - Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Vildagliptin and Linagliptin in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms, Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal 18(2): 163-168, 2015.
29. P. V. Prasad, K. Divya, M.V. Ramana, A. Krishnaveni, J. Vinay, M. Mahadeswar. Analytical method development and validation for the estimation of vildagliptin in bulk and its dosage form using UV spectrophotometer, Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2017.
30. Dr, Safila Naved, Hina Rehman, Fatima Qamar and Syeda Zainab. Method development and validation of vildagliptin using UV Spectrophotometer, International Journal Of Pharma Science and Research(IJPSR) October 2014 volume 5 P.G. no.714-717.
31. Sharma A., Shanker C., Tyagi L. K., Singh M., Rao V. Herbal Medicine for Market Potential in India: An Overview. Academic J. Plant Sci. 2008; 1 (2): 26-36.
32. Kadam P. V., Yadav K. N., Shivatare R. S., Pande A. S., Patel A. N., Patil M. J. Standardization of Gomutra Haritaki Vati: An Ayurvedic Formulation. Int. J. Pharm. Bio. Sci. 2012; 3 (3): 181—187.
33. K. R. Patil, T. A. Deshmukh and V. R. Patil. A stability indicating HPTLC method development and validation for analysis of vildagliptin as bulk drug and from its Pharmaceutical Dosage Form, Intonational Journal Of Pharmaceutical Science And Research,(IJPSR)2020,volume 1, issue 5,p.g. no.2310-2316.
34. B. M. Ghule P. Ghule A.V., Darandale A.S, Wagh I. GI, Ultra performance liquid chromatography: a new revolution in liquid chromatography, International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis, Vol: 2; Issue: l Page:25- 34.
35. Ramzia I. El Bagary, Hassan M. E. Azzazy, Ehab F. ElKady and Faten Farouk, Simultaneous determination of metformin, vildagliptin, and 3-amino-1-adamantanol in human plasma: Application to pharmacokinetic studies, Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies. Date: 31 May 2016, At: 11:21.
36. Sunila T. Patil, Rajesh A. Ahirrao, Sunil P. Pawar, A short review on method validation, SPER Publications and Solutions Pvt. Ltd.