The focus of this work was on experimental measurements and numerical computations of Pimelic acid solubility in water, ethanol, and their binary combination. At temperatures ranging from (293.15 to 303.15) K, the solubility of Pimelic acid in pure solvents and their binary mixtures was evaluated using the equilibrium measurement method. To evaluate the data quality, the experimental results were correlated to the Apelblat equation. The Apelblat model's solubility correlations were in good accord with experimental data.
Cite this article:
Sandip B. Nahire. Solubility Study and Thermodynamic Analysis of Pimelic acid in water, Ethanol and their Binary mixture. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022; 14(4):233-7. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2022.00038
Sandip B. Nahire. Solubility Study and Thermodynamic Analysis of Pimelic acid in water, Ethanol and their Binary mixture. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022; 14(4):233-7. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2022.00038 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-4-6
1. Vipul V. Jambukiya, Ramesh B. Parmar, Ashvin V. Dudhrejiya, H. M. Tank, Vipul D. Limbachiya . Enhancement of Solubility and Dissolution Rate of Poorly Water Soluble Drug by Using Modified Guar Gum. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 3(1): Jan.-Mar. 2013; Page 25-30.
2. Mukund Tawar, Kiran Raut, Reshma Chaudhari, Nikita Jain. Novel Methods to Enhance Solubility of Water Insoluble Drugs. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2022; 12(2):151-6.
3. P. Sabitha Reddy, S. Sujani, K. Ravindra Reddy. Microcrystals: For Improvement of Solubility and Dissolution of Tinidazole. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 1(3): July-Sept. 2011; Page 64-69.
4. Rajesh Asija, Shailendra Bhatt, Sangeeta Asija, Isha Shah, Alpesh Yadav. Solubility Enhancement of Nebivolol by Solid Dispersion Technique. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2014; Vol. 4: Issue 3, Pg 134-140.
5. Lia,H. Jiao X. Chen X. Thermodynamic analysis for solubility of pimelic acid in ionic liquids Russ. J. Phys. Chem.2014; 88, 1133-1137.doi.org/10.1134/S0036024414070188.
6. Pawar R. R. Nahire S. B. Hasan M. Solubility and Density of Potassium Iodide in Binary Ethanol-Water Solvent Mixture at (298.15, 303.15, 308.15, and 313.15) K.J. Chem. Eng. Data. 2009; 54, 1935. doi.org/10.1021/je800682p.
7. Pawar R. R. Golait S. M. Hasan M. Sawant A. B. Solubility and Density of Potassium Iodide in a Binary Propan-1-ol−Water Solvent Mixture at (298.15, 303.15, 308.15, and 313.15) K.J. Chem. Eng. Data. 2010; 55, 1314.doi.org/10.1021/je9006426.
8. Pawar R. R. Aher C. S. Pagar J. D. Nikam S. L. Hasan M. Solubility, Density and Solution Thermodynamics of NaI in Different Pure Solvents and Binary Mixtures. J. Chem. Eng. Data.2012; 57, 3563.doi.org/10.1021/je300754n.
9. Pawar Ramesh R. Nahire Sandip B. Investigation Correlation and DFT study for solubility of Malonic acid in water + methanol and water + ethanol binary solvents at T = 293.15 to 313.15 K. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(3):1226-1232. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00218.3
10. Chandrakant S. Aher. Hydroquinone Solubility in Pure and Binary Solvent Mixture at Various Temperatures with FTIR. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(1):40-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00008
11. ApelblatA. ManzurolaE. Solubilitiesofo-acetylsalicylic, 4-aminosalicylic, 3,5-dinitrosalicylic, andp-toluic acid, and magnesium-DL-aspartate in water from T = (278 to 348) K.J. Chem. Thermodyn.1999; 31, 85-91.doi.org/10.1006/jcht.1998.0424.
12. Yang Z. H. Shao D. F. Zhou G. Q. Solubility parameter of lenalidomide for predicting the type of solubility profile and application of thermodynamic model.J. Chem. Thermodyn. 2019; 132, 268-275.doi.org/10.1016/j.jct.2018.12.035.
13. Yu Y. Zhang F. GaoX. Q. XuL. Liu G. Experiment, correlation and molecular simulation for solubility of 4-methylphthalic anhydride in different organic solvents from T = (278.15 to 318.15) K.J. Mol. Liq. 2019; 275, 768-777.doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2018.10.158.
14. Hildebrand J. H. Prausnitz, J. M. & Scott R. L. Regular and Related Solutions (Van Nostrand - Reinhold, NewYork). 1970.
15. Manrique Y. J. Pacheco D. P. Thermodynamics of Mixing and Solvation of Ibuprofen and Naproxen in Propylene Glycol + Water Cosolvent Mixtures. J. Solut. Chem 2008; 37, 165–181.doi.org/10.1007/s10953-007-9228-0.