Swamini A Dighe, Suhas S Siddheshwar, Ganesh S Shinde
Swamini A Dighe*, Suhas S Siddheshwar, Ganesh S Shinde
Department of Quality Assurance Techniques, Pravara Rural College of Pharmacy, Pravaranagar, Tal - Rahata, Dist - Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India, 413736.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
Venlafaxine HCl is one of the antidepressant agent which comes under the category of serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor i.e SNRI. This medication is usually used to treat major depressive disorder in adult. It may help to improve the mood and energy level and also to regain the interest in daily activities in the depressed person. The present review focus on various approaches for the analysis on Venlafaxine in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. The review represents the various analytical method like the RP-HPLC, HPTLC, UV Spectroscopy and Stability Indicating Methods which were used for the investigation of Venlafaxine in bulk and different dosage formulations.
Cite this article:
Swamini A Dighe, Suhas S Siddheshwar, Ganesh S Shinde. A Review on Analytical Method for Determination of Venlafaxine HCl in Bulk and Pharmaceutical dosage form. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2021; 13(3):208-2. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2021.00032
Swamini A Dighe, Suhas S Siddheshwar, Ganesh S Shinde. A Review on Analytical Method for Determination of Venlafaxine HCl in Bulk and Pharmaceutical dosage form. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2021; 13(3):208-2. doi: 10.52711/2349-2988.2021.00032 Available on: https://rjstonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-13-3-8
1. Misra R, Bhardwaj P. Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Scientifica, 2016, 1-13.
2. Berton O, Nestler EJ. New approaches to antidepressant drug discovery: beyond monoamines. Nature Reviews Neuroscience, 2006,1;7(2):137-151.
3. Khalifa M, Daleau P, Turgeon J. Mechanism of sodium channel block by venlafaxine in guinea pig ventricular myocytes. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 1999; 1(4): 280-291.
4. Baldania SL, Bhatt KK, Mehta RS. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 70(1), 124–128.
5. Momin MM, Kane S, Abhang P. Formulation and evaluation of bilayer tablet for bimodal release of venlafaxine hydrochloride. Frontiers in pharmacology, 2015; 6.
6. Krishna KV, Satyavathi K, Venu M. Design and Evaluation of Extended release tablet of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride using Compression coating method. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 2014; 610.
7. Patil P, Rashmi, Prashant P, Viraj S. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2013; 5, 757-765.
8. Edla S. A Novel RP-HPLC method for the determination of Venlafaxine in pharmaceutical drug products. International journal of Science and Technology, 2012; 1(1): 11-21.
9. Andrea Weston and Phyllis R. Brown, HPLC and CE Principles and Practice, academic press, 1997, 01.
10. Siddiqui MR, Alothman ZA, Rahman N. Analytical techniques in pharmaceutical analysis: A review. Arabian Journal of chemistry, 2017, 1;10: 1409-1421.
11. Kiran BV, Rao BS, Som Shankar Dubey. Validation of Venlafaxine in Pharmaceutical Dosage by Reverse Phase HPLC Method. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 2012; 5(5): 2683-2700.
12. Somasekhar V, Gowrisankar D, Shivakumar HN. Development and validation of a rapid RP-HPLC method for the determination of venlafaxine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage forms using experimental design. Journal of Chemistry, 2009; 6(4): 1091-1102.
13. Nageswara RR, Narasa RA. Simultaneous separation and determination of process‐related substances and degradation products of venlafaxine by reversed‐phase HPLC. Journal of Separation Science, 2006; 29(18): 2733-2744.
14. Younus M, Arif MF, Richards MP, Kumar B. Determination of venlafaxine and modafinil in individual tablet dosage forms using single RP-HPLC method. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2013;12(2): 239-245.
15. Asafu-Adjaye EB, Faustino PJ, Tawakkul MA, Anderson LW, Lawrence XY, Kwon H, Volpe DA. Validation and application of a stability-indicating HPLC method for the in vitro determination of gastric and intestinal stability of venlafaxine. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 2007, 11;43(5): 1854-1890.
16. Georgi B, Snezha Z, Petko M, Ivelina S, Ivaylo V. A simple method for quantitative determination of venlafaxine in blood by high-performance liquid chromatography. International Journal of Chemical Studies, 2018; 6(4): 801-804.
17. Peikova L, Ivanka P, and Vanita M. Development of HPLC method for determination of Venlafaxine during concomitant use of metoprolol. Pharmacia 60 (2013): 12-16.
18. Baldania SL, Bhatt KK, Mehta RS, Shah DA and Gandhi TR. RP-HPLC Estimation of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride in Tablet Dosage Forms. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2008, 70 (1): 124-128.
19. Pavia D, Lampman G, Krix G. Introduction to Spectroscopy. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University, 2001.
20. Gandhimathi R, Vijayaraj S, Jyothirmaie MP. A Review: Analytical process of drugs by Ultraviolet Spectroscopy. International Journal of Institutional Pharmacy and Life Sciences, 2015, 5(5): 490-505.
21. Basic UV-Vis Theory, Concepts and Applications, 7-10.
22. Sheffield Hallam University, UV-Visible Spectroscopy Instrumentation, 2015.
23. Sundaraganapathy R, Jambulingam M, Ananda TS, Subasini U. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for the Determination of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride in Bulk and Solid dosage forms. International Journal of Pharmacy and Industrial Research, 2011; 1(1): 28-31.
24. Eswarudu MM, Anitha V, Srinivasa PB. New Simple UV Spectrophotometric Method for determination of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride in pure and pharmaceutical formulation. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2017, 6(7): 1292-1300.
25. Sowmya C, Reddy YP, Kumar MK, Santhosh MR. Development and Validation of Spectrophotometric Method for the estimation of Venlafaxine in bulk and formulation. International Journal of Chemical Science, 2011,9(1): 52-58.
26. Bansode AS, Saravanan K. Analytical Method Development and Estimation of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by UV- Visible Spectrophotometer. International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering and Technology, 2019,6(10): 131-138.
27. Lavanya K, Sunita P, Anil KA, Venkata RK, New Simple UV Spectrophotometric Method for determination of venlafaxine hydrochloride in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, 2013, 4(1): 1-3.
28. Pakhale BA, Shinkar DM, Saudagar RB. Development and Validation of Spectrophotometric method for determination of venlafaxine hydrochloride. International Journal of Pharma Sciences and Research, 2015, 6(1): 66-69.
29. Nikhil AK, Prashant P. Analytical method development and validation of venlafaxine hydrochloride in solid dosage forms using UV spectrophotometer. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 2009, 2(7): 1246-1249.
30. Dhiraj K, Jitendra D, Priyanka Y, Arjun G. Method development and estimation of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride in bulk and Pharmaceutical dosage forms using UV-VIS. International Journal of Drug Development and Research, 2013, 5(4): 133-139.
31. Shubham MJ, Zaranappa. Development and Validation of UV – Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride and Bupropion Hydrochloride in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Research, 2019; 16(4): 438-451.
32. Patel RB, Patel MR, Patel BG (2011). Experimental Aspects and Implementation of HPTLC. In: Shrivastava, M.M. HPTLC. New York: Springer, 41- 54.
33. Shrivastava MM. An Overview of HPTLC: A Modern Analytical Technique with Excellent Potential for Automation, Optimization, Hyphenation, and Multidimensional Applications. In: Shrivastava, M.M. HPTLC. New York: Springer, 2011, 3- 24.
34. Redasani VK, Patel PR, Surana SJ. Development and Validation of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride in Bulk and in Capsule Formulation by HPTLC. Journal Analytical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2017, 4(3): 00103.
35. Shirvi V, Channabasavaraj K, Kumar G, Mani T. HPTLC analysis of venlafaxine hydrochloride in the bulk drug and tablets. Journal of Planar Chromatography-Modern TLC, 2010, 23(5): 369-372.
36. Singh S, Bakshi M. Guidance on conduct of stress test to determine inherent stability of drugs. Pharm Technol Asia, 2000, 24-36.
37. Kommanaboyina B, Rhodes CT. Trends in stability testing with Emphasis on Stability during Distribution and Storage. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, 1999, 25: 857-867.
38. Singh S. Stability testing during product development in Jain NK Pharmaceutical product development, CBS publisher and distributors, India, 2000, 272-293.
39. Carstensen JT. Drug Stability, Principles and Practices, Marcel Dekker, New York, 2000.
40. Ajitha A, Rani GS. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for determination of related substance in Venlafaxine Hydrochloride Tablet. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2020; 11(8): 3923-3929.
41. Srinivas CS, Devi RP, Gampa V. Stability indicating method of related impurities in venlafaxine hydrochloride sustained release tablets. International Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2010;1(2):177-183.
42. Makhija SN, Vavia PR. Stability indicating LC method for the estimation of venlafaxine in Pharmaceutical Formulations. Journal of pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis, 2002; 28(6):1055-1090.